Monday, February 23, 2009

Sign Language iPhone App from Signing Time


I have been overtly drooling over all my friends' and coworker's iPhones. Imagine what I could do with one of those...Twitter all day, keep up-to-date with the latest on Facebook, and learn sign language.

Yes, sign language. Signing Time just introduced an iPhone Application that uses flashcards and video clips to teach American Sign Language. The signs taught are from the videos My First Signs and Playtime Signs.

I can't try this product out (unless someone wants to give me an iPhone to review. Hint. Hint.) If you purchase it, let the rest of us know what you think.

4 comments:

mjsem February 9, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Sounds very cool. I'm sad that there are so few applications on the iPhone so far regarding sign language - especially baby signing.

We have been using http://www.babysignglossary.com (they also give away a free signing chart, currently) and www.mysmarthands.com to get and learn free signs so far, but will look at the new app you have posted for our iPhones.

If it's ok, I will try and come back to post any thoughts on the iPhone baby signing application.

Thank you!

Teej

Tova March 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM  

they need to make an android ap now!

Holly April 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM  

I agree with mjsem; I don't find many apps out there either. This one looks pretty neat and user-friendly though.

There's also this one (Have you seen/tried it?): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/signshine/id445876933?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Tova, I don't think it's available for Androids, but maybe one day it will be.

Amberel Crittenden January 16, 2014 at 4:26 AM  

I constantly emailed this site post page to all my friends, because if prefer to read it then my all friends will too. sign language alphabet

What Can Smart Baby Sign Language Blog do for You?

How can Smart Baby Sign Language help you sign with your baby or child? Feel free to ask me any questions. If I can't find a reliable source, I'll poll those who know. What else would help you: activities to teach sign language, ways to use sign language to teach reading, reviews of sign language products, etc.?

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP