Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Raising a Signing Baby: 22 Months - Four Letter Words

At 22 months, Munchkin was talking in 1-6 word combinations, but not everything was easy to understand. I still needed clarification on "fork" and "fox." They both sounded incredibly like a 4-letter-word! When I wasn't sure what she was saying, I asked her to clarify her word with signs. Or, if she was simply pointing and grunting, I would ask her to "Use your words or your signs/hands."

Munchkin was also signing in multi-word combinations and mixing signs and words together to communicate. She continued to learn new signs all the time. A couple days after learning the sign, SUNSET, I heard her call out "Sunset!" Of course, I ran to enjoy the experience with her.

3 comments:

Jenn February 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

Thank you for sharing your success stories about using baby sign language. It is so great to read about all the positive benefits of signing with your child and the enhanced communication it offers.

Thank you!
Jenn
http://www.BabiesCanSign.com

Mammatalk February 21, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

Oh, Holly! Where are you? You were my very first follower! And,guess what? It is my 100th post on Monday. I hope you can join me for my Blog Jog, my attempt to visit 100 blogs in a single day! Help!

Holly Tried It February 23, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

Mammatalk,

I can't believe I was your first follower! That makes me feel like I discovered you. :-) You are an amazing blogger. You make me laugh every time.

What Can Smart Baby Sign Language Blog do for You?

How can Smart Baby Sign Language help you sign with your baby or child? Feel free to ask me any questions. If I can't find a reliable source, I'll poll those who know. What else would help you: activities to teach sign language, ways to use sign language to teach reading, reviews of sign language products, etc.?

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP