Monday, January 5, 2009

Study Looking for Baby Signers 8-18 Months Old

If you are interested in helping out in a study on language acquisition in signing babies, please read the request from researcher Greta Mueller. I completed the questionnaire yesterday. It was long, but very simple. You simply marked a box if your child understands a word or speaks a word. It is a long list of words, though, so give yourself a little time to complete it. At the end of the words, it asks a few questions, like how did you learn to sign, how often do you sign with your child, and if you watch DVDs like Baby Einstein or Brainy Baby. The only personal information requested is a pseudonym for your child and his/her birth date. If you want the results emailed to you, you will need to provide an email address. That's it.

Email from Greta Mueller:

Dear mothers,

as dedicated mothers who care about the wellbeing of their children, I would like to ask you to participate in my survey. My name is Greta Mueller and I study psychology at the University of Trier in Germany. I study language development and early communication skills in children. For this reason I am looking for mothers of 8-18 months old children from USA and Canada who are practicing baby signing and willing to complete an online questionnaire about this topic. It takes about 25-40 minutes to complete the questionnaire. I ensure that I will keep your answers in confidence. Your data serves scientific purposes only and will not be misused.

http://ofb.msd-media.de/language_development/?password=mybaby

For any further information please feel free to contact me.
language.research.mueller@googlemail.com

Thank you very much, Greta

0 comments:

What Can Smart Baby Sign Language Blog do for You?

How can Smart Baby Sign Language help you sign with your baby or child? Feel free to ask me any questions. If I can't find a reliable source, I'll poll those who know. What else would help you: activities to teach sign language, ways to use sign language to teach reading, reviews of sign language products, etc.?

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP