Monday, November 24, 2008

Sign Language Fun While Shopping

I was trying to leave the mall today, when my daughter spotted a big red sign. She yelled, "Stop!" and froze in her tracks. I tried to get her to move. She said and signed, "Stop! Red stop!" I quickly caught on, pointed to a green object closer to the door and signed and said, "Green, go!" We stopped and started our way into a few dead ends with no green in sight, but with a little backtracking and quick thinking on my part, we eventually made it to the door, past the green shrubs, through the parking lot to our red car where we "stopped."

4 comments:

lilialately November 25, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

Sounds like a fun game! Thanks for your visit and advice. We love communicating w/ our daughter via signs and have no plans on stopping. Your blog looks like it offers lots of helpful tips and tricks, so I'd like to add you to my blogroll.

Thanks again!

WeeHands November 25, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

Oh what a fun game - it's such a great way to reinforce colour and movement signs!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life December 5, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

That's great! I finally posted about the Baby Signing Time package that we won and I shared a cute moment with our signing little one. Hope you'll stop by and check it out!
http://notadiylife.blogspot.com/2008/12/baby-signing-resources.html

Thanks again!

Holly Tried It December 10, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

LiliaLately - Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I love the "Tree Glee" picture!

What Can Smart Baby Sign Language Blog do for You?

How can Smart Baby Sign Language help you sign with your baby or child? Feel free to ask me any questions. If I can't find a reliable source, I'll poll those who know. What else would help you: activities to teach sign language, ways to use sign language to teach reading, reviews of sign language products, etc.?

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP