Monday, October 27, 2008

What I Miss from the Early Days of Baby Signing

My daughter is 2 1/2 and quickly losing the baby chub and turning into a long-legged girl. Sometimes I still see the baby in her, but not often enough when I'm feeling nostalgic. Like right now.

When we began teaching our daughter sign language, we signed on her body like Signing Smart for Babies and Toddlers recommends. She caught on quickly, and soon she was signing on our faces as well as her own. I loved her soft, pudgy fingers brushing across my cheek to sign CAT. I marveled when she taught a little friend to sign CAT using the same strategy.

Now her fingers are longer. Still soft, but no longer pudgy. And she doesn't sign on our faces anymore.

********************
Update. - After I wrote this post, my daughter signed FARM on my husband's face. Of course, I didn't get to feel her soft fingers, but it was a nice moment to watch.

1 comments:

Michele October 30, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

Cute. Time to have another one!

What Can Smart Baby Sign Language Blog do for You?

How can Smart Baby Sign Language help you sign with your baby or child? Feel free to ask me any questions. If I can't find a reliable source, I'll poll those who know. What else would help you: activities to teach sign language, ways to use sign language to teach reading, reviews of sign language products, etc.?

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP