Monday, September 1, 2008

Why I Decided to Sign with My Baby

I decided to sign with my future child before baby sign was popular. I was babysitting my friend, who happened to be an occupational therapist. Because of her profession, she daughter her daughter a few signs, like MORE, EAT, and THANK YOU. Babysitting was a breeze because I knew what her daughter wanted, even though I hadn't spent a lot of time with her.

Babysitting was fun. It wasn't a constant guessing game filled with tears when I guessed wrong. The experience made such an impact on me that even though I didn't have my daughter for several years, I still learned sign language and taught it to her.

It is one of the best "extra" things I've done for our family.


0 comments:

What Can Smart Baby Sign Language Blog do for You?

How can Smart Baby Sign Language help you sign with your baby or child? Feel free to ask me any questions. If I can't find a reliable source, I'll poll those who know. What else would help you: activities to teach sign language, ways to use sign language to teach reading, reviews of sign language products, etc.?

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP